Please contact Robin directly by cell phone or email for more information.
He would be glad to assist you if his skills and experience fit for your situation or help with a referral to another experienced professional.
The decision to call for assistance is an important step forward. Too often people do not seek help because of guilt, shame, embarrassment, or delay because they keep hoping things will get better in time. Going to see a counselor does NOT mean that you are mentally ill. By choosing counseling, you are making a choice to feel better, work towards positive change and improve your life. The first step is to call or email Robin so that an initial appointment can be set up for an assessment. Robin will be happy to discuss his experience and qualifications, or any other questions.
Signs that indicate you might benefit from seeing a professional counselor:
- You are experiencing something that leads you to feel frequently overwhelmed.
- You are having difficulty functioning like you normally do.
- Everything you feel seems to be intense, or alternately your feelings seem to be blunted.
- You've suffered through something traumatic and can't seem to stop thinking about it.
- You have recurrent headaches, stomach aches and/or seem to get sick often.
- You find yourself using a substance to cope or doing something to distract yourself from dealing directly with something.
- You are getting negative feedback from people at your work or school.
- You find that you are isolating and/or withdrawing from activities that you used to enjoy.
- Your relationships are strained and you find that you are not talking enough or arguing too often.
- Trusted friends and/or family have expressed concern about you or your child.
- You have tried to work on your problems and nothing seems to help.
- There is something going on that is hard to talk about even with close friends or family.
- You are having thoughts of hurting yourself or someone else.
Insurance, Fee and Payment Information:
- Robin's out-of-pocket hourly rate is $85 / hr.
- Payment plans are available if cost of therapy would be prohibitive.
- Session fees are generally expected to be paid in full at the time of service
- Payment is accepted in the forms of cash, checks, debit cards, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
- Robin an in-network provider for many common insurance carriers including:
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Kaiser Permanente
- United Healthcare
- United Behavioral Health
- Value Options
- Insurance policies are quite varied, and it is each client’s responsibility to get familiar with your specific benefit plan.
- If you intend to use your insurance benefits, it is a good idea to verify your coverage ahead of time.
- You can usually verify coverage by calling the customer service number on your insurance card.
- Once coverage is verified, claims can be filed for services provided.
Here are some questions to ask your insurance company when you call to verify benefits:
Does my policy include coverage for mental health? ___ Is it effective now?___
You will also want to find out the details for the following:
- Is the provider I want to see covered? ___ In-network?___ Out-of-network?____
- Deductible to meet? ___ Co-Payment or % you have to pay?___
- Doctor referral or insurance pre-authorization needed? ___
- Are there any limitations for # of sessions allowed?___
Please feel free to contact Robin with any further questions. He will be glad to assist you in getting to the right place or the right provider for your particular situation.